Promotion in dentistry is not easy – it is a niche with high competition and restrictions on advertising settings. But there are also more difficult tasks. The client of Ringostat and WAMProject agency advertises not only in his hometown but also in Ukraine and other countries. Read how they managed to increase the number of targeted calls, reduce the cost per call and free up 30% of the budget by investing it in successful campaigns.
- Features of the project
- Why the client decided to connect Ringostat
- Work on the project
Client: dental clinic
Region: Dnipro, all of Ukraine, as well as 15 countries
Ringostat usage period: from May 2018 to the present day
Features of the project
The client is the only dental clinic in Ukraine that has received the international accreditation The Global Clinic Rating and entered the TOP-200 best dental clinics in the world. For this reason, the company is trying to tell about itself to the widest possible audience, in particular outside the country.
On the clinic’s website, you can read information about doctors, equipment, make an appointment using online forms, and see a 3D tour:
The clinic has an administrative department that performs the function of a sales department and uses scripts of dialogues with clients. Its employees process calls and online applications, messages in messengers and emails.
Since 2018, the company has been cooperating with the marketing agency WAMProject, which sets up the project:
- context in Google search;
- advertising in the contextual media network Google;
- advertising in Facebook PPC.
Due to the peculiarities of the niche and global plans of the client, the agency has to solve difficult tasks.
1. Scaling up campaigns at the global level
The clinic plans to attract clients from different parts of the world. This requires a thoughtful approach, otherwise you can easily spend the budget in vain. Therefore, the agency acted in stages.
At first, the specialists launched advertising only in Dnipro to work out statistics. Then they created campaigns for high-margin services that were shown in Kyiv. In the case of the client, such services include: implantation, teeth alignment, braces, veneers.
In such campaigns only the most effective keywords were used in exact match. That is, ads were shown for queries that completely coincided with the keyword or were its close variants.
Having selected the most effective words again, the specialists launched campaigns around the world with a limited budget. Then they turned on Google’s smart strategies by targeting cost per conversion. The budget was no longer limited, as Google itself optimized the impressions to stay within the Target CPA.
Target CPA is an intelligent bidding strategy that helps you get the most conversions for a given price. It takes into account a number of user data and uses all signals to adjust the bid based on machine learning.
At the same time, it is not easy to develop campaigns in Ukraine and the world — the number of applications is small, and their quality is difficult to analyze. If you count on one call, the LTV is very low, so you need to take into account two or three repeated calls to the clinic.
Also, the average check at the first visit does not always correlate with LTV. A person can come at the request of “pediatric dentistry” to remove a tooth for a child. And then he likes it, and he will return to put veneers for his wife, and an implant for himself. Although initially a small service was provided to remove a baby tooth.
2. Restrictions due to the subject matter
Medical topics impose restrictions on online advertising. For example, remarketing in Google Ads is not available for a clinic.
Therefore, in Google Ads, specialists set up the audience with special intentions. In the settings, they specified the URL of the clinic’s website and its brand words. Thus, they managed to reach the audience that interacted with the client’s website directly or showed interest in the client’s brand indirectly.
3. Balance between the number of leads and the cost of the check
On the one hand, advertising should provide doctors with the maximum workload, on the other to attract enough requests for services with a high check. Otherwise, distortions may occur. Either all doctors perform inexpensive services, and the clinic loses profit, or the medical staff serves patients with a large check but is not 100% loaded.the clinic loses profit, or the medical staff serves patients with a large check that
Why the client decided to connect Ringostat
The website has forms for making an appointment, but most patients call. Compared to the number of online applications, the number of phone applications from Facebook ads is twice as high, and from Google Ads five times higher. After all, when a person has a toothache, he will not wait for a call and dial the clinic number himself. Also, some customers think that after their application through the form, a “sales rep” will call them back. And during the call, they will be able to quickly learn about the solution to their problem directly.
Google Analytics is not able to capture the conversion to a call by itself. Therefore, the agency saw only a few online applications in this system. The advertising source of most conversions were calls, remained unknown. Because of this, the company was limited to distributing the budget equally between Google and Facebook. It was also unknown which countries were calling more.
WAMProject chose Ringostat for call tracking because they have already used it on other projects and were satisfied. Initially, our service was recommended to them by colleagues.
What tasks did the agency set before connecting Ringostat
- Accounting of all conversions to optimize the budget for advertising channels and campaigns.
- Determining the effectiveness of campaigns and keywords.
- Analytics of incoming requests from customers to assess the quality of traffic.
- Correct budget allocation.
Work on the project
After connecting call tracking, the agency began to rely on its data when setting up and optimizing advertising. Now specialists track not only the achievement of the goal of filling out online applications, clicking on contact details on the site, but also calls.
WAMProject set up dynamic call tracking for the clinic to track the source of advertising down to the keyword level. Let’s consider what place call tracking occupies in the process of setting up and optimizing advertising.
- Initially, new campaigns are launched by keywords in exact accordance. This is necessary in order not to waste the budget if there are errors in the launched campaign.
- Having collected enough statistics, WAMProject analyzes conversions in the context of devices, regions and audiences. Specialists look at whether there are any problems with transitions to the site, how calls and online conversions are tracked in Google Analytics.
- After checking, campaigns are launched for keywords in a broad match: synonyms, similar phrases, words with errors, etc. Preliminary PPC specialists make cross-minusing of keywords in exact match. This is necessary to eliminate overlaps between these keywords.
- WAMProject analyzes the results of testing the created audiences on Facebook. If necessary, they adjust them, disable those that do not work, and leave the best combinations of interests within the audiences. The number of calls is also taken into account during the analysis.
- After launching campaigns, the agency waits until a sufficient amount of data and phone calls is accumulated. For this, 30 conversions in the account are usually enough, as recommended by Google for automated strategies.
- Specialists analyze the calls and adjust the advertising budget. It is increased for campaigns that bring applications from potential buyers. And it is reduced for advertising that leads to low-quality appeals, even with low CPA.
It happens that people call by mistake or dial the number without realizing that it is dentistry. Some people think that the clinic is open around the clock or it is a state institution. But even such appeals can sometimes lead to an application. If the dialogue is built correctly, the conversation continues and the person asks questions — this is a chance to get a new client.
According to the agency’s experience, campaigns in which keywords in broad match are included to increase coverage always work poorly. But always successful are those for which keywords are selected manually in exact accordance and with precise geotargeting.
Such keys with maximum efficiency were allocated to separate campaigns with an unlimited budget. Bids for other keywords are calculated automatically by CPA. The list of negative words for broad match campaigns was also expanded. At the same time, the agency was able to expand the semantic core due to non-obvious keywords that users call.
Investments in advertising are not reduced, but distributed among the most successful campaigns. Thus, it was possible to free up about 25-30% of the budget, strengthening effective advertising with its help.
As a result, the number of targeted calls increased by 40% and the cost per call decreased by 40%. Also, the total number of calls increased by 80%, and the percentage of their conversion into clients of the clinic is kept on average at 35%.
Agency specialists periodically listen to calls from contextual advertising. This helped to identify that some ads are placed incorrectly. Clients called from it at the request of “Dnipro Clinic” and asked about services that are not related to dentistry. It also helped to improve the scripts by which the administration communicates with patients.
The company uses the callback form from Ringostat. Agency specialists also like it because it is unobtrusive and does not pop up after a few seconds of using the site.
WAMProject plans the workload for administrators based on the report on the distribution of calls by day of the week and time of day. This Ringostat report shows at what time and on what days the most calls are received. The more calls — the more saturated green the cell is colored, and vice versa. So experts found that on weekends there are many calls. Therefore, the main emphasis on advertising is made from Monday to Friday. On Sunday, the advertisement is not shown, because customers are already calling, and all doctors are busy. This way the clinic can plan the workload of administrators and allocates more managers to service requests during these days and hours.
The agency discovered several things that no one could have expected at first.
The clinic has a campaign for the installation of veneers, which is launched in Kyiv and words in exact accordance. Now it is in fourth place in terms of spending and in tenth place in terms of conversions. No one expected that people from Kyiv would convert so well into clients of the clinic in Dnipro.
The campaign aimed at Italy is on the third place in the world by the number of conversions. Although this market was not initially targeted.
And some more interesting insights:
- the keyword “dental implantation” in the exact match does not work at all;
- “dentistry nearby” is a trendy voice query, but it did not work for the clinic at all;
- keyword “veneers” is №1 by all indicators, this keyword works perfectly even in campaigns around the world;
- the campaign aimed at visitors of competitors’ websites did not pay off.