There are such complex niches that it is not even easy to collect semantics there. But if we are talking about professional work, the promotion will still be successful. Especially if the specialist is “armed” with analytics tools, read the case study from the Netpeak agency about launching ads for the company that provides cadastral services.
About the project
The client mainly works in the B2B sphere by providing services to small and medium-sized businesses, government organizations that have property. For example, it may be construction campaigns that do not have their cadastral engineers.
The site was promoted using Google Ads paid advertising. At first, it was launched by the outsourcing agency and the client’s specialists themselves. But the company was dissatisfied with the quality and number of leads, so in June 2019, the management decided to contact the specialists of the Netpeak agency.
First of all, they made an audit of the advertising account and created the following strategy:
- optimize launched campaigns;
- launch new ones in Google Ads: dynamic campaigns in the search network, display network, remarketing in display network;
- start promoting on Facebook;
- connect call tracking.
The last point was obvious to the agency’s specialists, so call tracking was activated during the first month of work on the project.
We advised implementing call tracking, as the client previously tracked only interaction with buttons on the website. In fact, he had 70% of applications by phone and only 30% by filling out a form”.
The difficulty was also in the fact that the client works in a specific niche. It is not always clear what requests people enter in order to receive the services provided by client Moreover, the issue was that ads often only led to consultation. For example, people called to find out how to register land, what documents they need to do so, etc. Such users did not order the basic services of the company, so the average check size from ads was low.
After making an audit, Netpeak specialists discovered several difficulties at once.
- Wrong account structure. Services that are completely different in the margin and check size were combined into one campaign.
- Keywords that do not correspond to the services provided by the company. There were words that were close to the target but not the target ones or, in the opposite, they were too broad in meaning.
- There was no list of negative keywords and negative sites for display ads. Thus, the budget was often wasted due to the clicks from non-target audiences.
- Ads that confused users. They were uninformative and too abstract.
- There were no remarketing lists. The company did not try to “catch up” with people who had already visited the site. Meanwhile, 80% of users apply to KOP for the second time.
Make sure you checked this article — “In brief: discover 9 facts about remarketing in three minutes.”
Optimizing existing campaigns
- The agency specialists changed the structure of the account. Together with the client, they identified TOP services and set up separate campaigns for them. Due to this, it was possible to set different budgets for them, considering the average check size.
- They once again get semantics for the TOP services. As the niche is complex, the agency showed the client the collected semantics, so the management checked whether it was relevant. By using broadly matched keywords, Netpeak was able to attract more targeted traffic. Specialists also created new lists of keywords from the semantics that weren’t considered before. Despite that, commercial keywords were allocated into separate groups, for example, “to order,” “to develop.” Thus, experts were able to evaluate their effectiveness separately and create ads using them only.
- Specialists made lists of negative keywords and negative sites. This allowed them to avoid showing ads to non-target audiences.
- Linked client’s Google Ads account with Google Analytics. As a result, smart bidding now has access to data on conversions, including calls.
- They set up remarketing lists. Specialists included users who visited more than two pages and spent more than 1,5 minutes on the site. They also included everyone who interacted with the conversion buttons but did not submit the form, as well as the users who submitted the form. They also made a remarketing list for all users who visited the site.
- They created more informative ads. Clear wording in the new ad allowed avoiding the junk audience, people who are only interested in consulting. The text was several times coordinated with the client. The information on the services provided by client was described in detail which helped a lot to the agency.
Call tracking also provided the client with useful insights. The management listened to the recordings of calls in the Ringostat account and learned a lot of new things. For example, what additional services people are interested in. A person can come initially with one goal and then still ask about something else. So the client understood what to add to the list of services.”.
Also, the company’s specialists listen to calls to check if they have missed something of the client’s features and wishes. This makes it easier to create the final task and not to contact the client several times to clarify all details. While listening to calls, the client’s management draws attention to several points:
- politeness and way of communication — whether the sales rep is calm, how he asks questions;
- whether the employee spends/or not a lot of time talking with junk or inadequate customers — the company has a large flow of incoming calls, and you need to be able to refuse unnecessary work politely.
It is interesting the specifics of the business do not allow to automatically evaluate whether a potential customer has called or not. This is usually clear due to such an entity as a targeting call; in other words, a fairly long conversation with a customer. In the case of “KOP,” everything is not so simple, so the company uses call tagging. It means that after the end of the conversation, the sales rep chooses which category the call can be assigned to. So it becomes clear whether the advertisement brings requests from new customers or calls from existing ones or not junk at all.
New campaigns launch
Previously, the company only had search paid campaigns launched. But the agency has expanded the list of ways for promotion. Netpeak has launched dynamic search ads.
Dynamic Search Ads (DSA) are Google Ads campaigns that automatically generate ads based on the site content and the user’s search query. This eliminates the need to create separate ads and landing pages for each product.
DSA are especially useful in the case of client as the niche is complex, and it is impossible to find out all the keywords that can bring customers. Dynamic campaigns made it possible to use semantics that wasn’t considered before and increase traffic. By connecting call tracking, due to information on calls, the company received even more data. By transferring it to an advertising account from Google Analytics, Netpeak specialists can train the system faster. After all, the more data on conversions, the faster it “learns,” sets the appropriate bids, and selects the right audience for display.
The agency also launched campaigns in the display network to generate demand for services, including new ones. This strategy worked out as traffic from this channel is growing:
For targeting, specialists used audiences by interest and intent. The conditions were targeted keywords entered by the user and URLs of sites with similar services.
In addition, Netpeak launched ads again. Search campaigns, dynamic ads, display ads, and display remarketing have been launched.
The agency also paid attention to Facebook as there is also the target audience of the client. The company’s specialists prepared posts where they described in detail the new services. Netpeak has created campaigns to promote them by setting up demographic targeting. They also matched interests based on data from Google Analytics and information from the client, for example:
- interests related to small and medium-sized businesses, entrepreneurship, news related to them;
- plots of land, the building of houses, villas, cottages, residential complexes;
- property valuation.
To optimize Facebook ads, the agency also takes into account call data. On purpose, Igor Bugay set up a custom conversion for this in the advertising account of the social network. It consists of calls and filling out a form on the site. By combining macro conversion into one goal, you can reach a result faster and cheaper. If the goal only consisted of submitting the form, the agency would receive only 30-40% of the data. Thus, there are many more conversions in the advertising account obtained due to call tracking.
Then the agency’s specialists collected a target audience from users who clicked on posts on Facebook. Based on this data, they created remarketing and look-alike audience lists.
Due to the data on calls, Netpeak was able to make ads more attractive to customers. Both the agency and the client began to better understand the services that people call for and what information they need. The agency took this into account when setting up campaigns and budgeting. Therefore, customers began to make more calls from ads and order client services, and not just consult.
Due to Ringostat, we received valuable data on conversion that we can use for optimization. We also see the services that most interest people who call and understand whether it is worth allocating more budget for their promotion.
Call tracking also provided the client with useful insights. The management listened to the recordings of calls in the Ringostat account and learned a lot of new things. For example, what additional services people are interested in. A person can come initially with one goal and then still ask about something else. So the client understood what to add to the list of services.
Due to the fact that the niche is narrow and specific, the CTR in it is usually low. But it also grew up:
Despite the decline at the beginning of the quarantine, the number of leads is growing steadily:
Targeted traffic has also increased:
Also, due to the telephony setup, the company almost stopped missing calls.
The company also appreciated the callback form: