How to stop worrying and start using call tracking? The call tracking philosopher and COO of Ringostat, Konstantin Chervyakov, has prepared a series of articles aimed at helping our current and potential clients to get rid of their fears, pains and prejudices. In this article you’ll read about the most common fears. The second article of this series is dedicated to pains associated with call tracking implementation, the third part tells about the prejudices.
My name is Konstantin, and I’ve been working at Ringostat for 2 years now: a year as a tech support and accounting specialist, a year as a commercial director.
I have an experience of implementing call tracking into over 200 websites in 7 countires. The sites were different, from e-commerce and medicine to real estate and legal services. Moreover, I’ve had a chance to be in charge of more than 100 projects of our partners and saw their success. I had to answer the thousands of questions and solve the hundreds of problems.
From the very beginning I created an image of a manager who cares. I popularize the attention to any difficulty standing on the way of our potential customer. Such behavior has become an obsession for me. It’s a mantra, and I start all my days repeating it:
- customer’s pain is my pain;
- customer’s fear is my fear;
- customer’s problem is my problem;
- customer’s prejudice is my fault.
Client’s experience inspires us. We popularize the principle of the “inner clients”: they live in our company and keep us on toes. Everyone from the programmer to the founder work until pain and fear pass, problem is solved, request is satisfied, worthy idea is implemented.
Creating and maintaining this image rewarded me with great trust from customers, and I take it in a special way.
The image of a straightforward manager willing to help everybody encouraged me on writing this series of article. Here you’ll find all fears, pains and prejudices I have to pass through.
Fear #1: What will happen if a customer writes down a substituted phone number with the aim to call later
What’s the reason of the fear?
There are two causes:
- Will the client reach your company by phone?
- If yes, how the source of the call will be determined?
How to stop being afraid?
It’s easy to get rid of the first kind of fear:
- all phone numbers belong exclusively to a specific website or company;
- castling phone numbers between the projects is impossible;
- you can reach any number from the pool even when you’re not on the site.
That’s why the potential customer will be always able to reach you if you use the same pool of numbers.
The second kind of fear is more difficult to fight with. The source of a phone call can be determined incorrectly. If a visitor of the site sees this number in a moment of calling, the call can be assigned to another user or to another advertising channel. It’s also possible that the source of last visitor’s transition will be determined. But it’s easy to get rid of this fear too.
- according to the researches of different call tracking services only 1-5% of users write down the phone number, other customers call while being on the site or in 15 minutes after leaving the site;
- if it’s a repeated call from a phone number being used, the call will be related to the user calling from it for the first time;
- error within 1-5% is insignificant in terms of web-analytics. Data can and should be used to make decisions about the effectiveness of advertising.
Conclusion: What if your employee won’t come to work tomorrow and you won’t be warned about this? It’s negligible, but it always exists. There are hundreds of scenarios running at the same time in the world, and some of them can become a complete revelation.
The fear is not justified, people mostly don’t write down numbers. But even if it’s true, there are many other ways to identify the client speaking with your call agent, which makes the likelihood of inaccurate data analytics negligible and doesn’t affect the final results.
Fear #2: What will be with numbers if I stop using call tracking? Who’s the owner of the numbers?
What are the reasons of the fear?
It’s worth mentioning that the majority of call tracking services propose 2 options of setting up SIP phone numbers:
- You can rent a phone number directly through the call analytics service. This means that service as a legal entity buys numbers that belong to a telephone operator. If the call tracking service is also a telephone operator, it can use its own phone numbers for your project, and you’ll have to reimburse expenses.
- You buy phone numbers from the telephone operator directly as a legal entity, and use call tracking service like a software plugging these numbers to the system of call analytics.
The majority of clients choose the first option, and here are the reasons:
- you save time because you don’t have to do extra actions ;
- it’s usually cheaper because call tracking services have the established partnerships with operators and in fact we are talking about “wholesale prices”;
- it’s quite convenient because you pay for everything with one bill .
How to stop being afraid?
The reason of finishing using call tracking system plays the main role here. The objective reasons are:
- decision to stop running an advertising campaign;
- termination of activity;
- decision to change the call tracking provider.
If something from mentioned above happens, here are the decisions:
- If you use the first option, that’s to buy phone numbers through call tracking service, you have to ask its tech support to give numbers to your legal entity. But you have to do it well in advance, because not all call tracking providers will agree to do this, and you have to be ready to pay more (you don’t have the partnership with telecommunications operators).
- Everything is much easier with the second option. You just have to unplug the phone numbers of the analysts system and use it as you wish, paying a license fee to your telecommunications provider.
Conclusion #1: The majority of clients still remember the name of the brand, not the phone number. Before calling they usually actualize the number on the site. That’s why this fear is illusory. If you can’t get the numbers to you legal entity, you can switch off the substitution of numbers on the site, but continue to pay the service to see that the number of calls decreases.
Conclusion #2: It’s not difficult to forget about this fear. You can buy phone numbers independently or talk about the transfer of numbers before signing the contract with call tracking service.
As you can see, common fears are not so terrible, and in order to get rid of them it’s enough to know the psychology of your customers, as well as mechanisms of cooperation with telecommunications operators. Don’t be afraid, and call tracking technology will open new horizons for your business.