In this article, we discover some popular payment systems, their advantages, and disadvantages, commission fee, the connection process. We also find out how these systems can be useful for SaaS companies.
Reading time: 5 minutes
You can instantly open the required chapter:
WayForPay is an online service with payment using VISA and MasterCard payment systems. With WayForPay, you can issue electronic invoices. However, legal persons can’t use them for reporting to the fiscal policy. It can be used only as an invoice for the payment.
Connection to the service is free. The commission is charged only for successful payments, and it is 2.5%; for companies in the tourism sector, it’s 2.2%. For some business niches, it is discussed separately. No commission is charged for refunds.
The service uses 3-D Secure technology, a protocol that provides an additional level of security for online payments. There is also its own anti-fraud system that combines automatic and manual checks of suspicious transactions.
The service is integrated using the API. Companies that do not have developers can use ready-made payment modules for popular CMS — website builders. If the site does not have a shopping cart, you can simply create a button in your account without involving developers. Or send invoices to the clients; the payment link will be in the email. You can also add a payment QR code to the site. It is also possible to test here how everything will work.
Ringostat for online stores
- Communicate with customers in a single interface. Make and receive calls directly in the browser; answer your leads from different messengers in one window.
- Find out ads that are driving customers, as well as the ones that are just wasting your budget. Get an automatic ROI calculation for each launched activity.
- Receive more leads with the same traffic. The callback form initiates a dialogue even with those people who at first did not intend to call you.
- Control how sales reps process requests. Listen to audio recordings of calls and analyze missed call reports.
PayPal is a large and the most popular electronic payment system that is available in 200 countries and allows you to do shopping at 19 million online stores. You can create and send invoices for payment by email using free templates.
There are two types of accounts that PayPal offers:
- personal — for transfers between other personal accounts and payment for services up to $500 per month;
- business — for the commercial activities of companies and private entrepreneurs.
- the final amount of the commission depends on the volume of sales and the region in which the trade is carried out;
- registration in PayPal is free.
You can find more information on the system’s website.
The system is popular, so there are enough manuals on how to connect it. The site also contains the relevant documentation that is available in English.
For an online store, it is better to register a business account in the system. To do so, you need to link a settlement account and add the PayPal payment method to your online store. You can also embed a payment button on the site.
The system is very concerned about security, so when registering, you only need to indicate real data. If there is the slightest suspicion, the payment can be blocked. For example, if you often log into your account from different devices or countries.
PayPal has a buyer and seller protection program. The retailer protection program applies to intangible goods, including travel services and tickets. To use it, you need to save a confirmation of the shipment and delivery of goods that the store sells. If there is a dispute over intangible goods, the seller must provide evidence that the order was completed:
- date of delivery of goods or services;
- recipient’s address, or email;
- IP address, etc.
Paymentwall is an aggregator of payment services that integrates payments via WebMoney, QiwiWallet, Mint, etc. The service is available in more than 200 countries. The company started out in the social media games market and is now leading the way in gaming payments. The main advantage of the system is 120 payment methods: e-wallets, debit cards, mobile payments, bank transfers, and much more.
The service has several products, and the commission fee depends on which one you use. For example, here are the pricing plans for Brick, a solution for credit card acceptance:
Check this link for the full information on the pricing plans.
The disadvantage of Paymentwall is the long withdrawal process. The system splits the payment into several parts and transfers the money to the seller in stages. You can get the full amount, for example, six months later. By making the return of the payment longer, the service ensures itself against risks in the event of a chargeback.
You need to register on the site and install a payment widget or API. You can do this yourself, if necessary, by contacting technical support. Unfortunately, some people experience its slow response when connecting, as well as long verification of documents.
The system verifies transactions in real-time using its own machine learning algorithms. Data is protected in accordance with PCI-DSS, the standard for data security of the payment card industry.
Ringostat for a manager and business owner
- Get more orders for the same cost, reports will show ads that are working and the ones that are not. This will allow you to reallocate the budget.
- Find out how investment in promotion pays off. Ringostat will automatically calculate this for each launched activity.
- Understand the gaps in your budget, whether it is on the marketing or sales sides. You will find out if ads are not driving leads or sales reps are missing customers.
- Evaluate the work of a promotion contractor or in-house marketer, considering calls and advertising profitability.
MyCommerce, the old name of Share-IT, is a service that allows you to accept payments of VISA and MasterCard, American Express, PayPal payment systems. It is a SaaS platform to support sales in the B2B and B2C segments. Used in 244 countries.
The advantage is that MyCommerce allows you to create a full-fledged electronic invoice, taking into account the taxation of the desired country. This is convenient for buyers from countries that support electronic invoices, for example, Europe, the USA, Canada. The system itself deals with the refund of VAT or its equivalent in the respective country. The client, for his part, simply pays additional regional tax. The VAT refund amount is included in the commission.
There are three pricing plans at MyCommerce:
- Simple — 7.9% of the sale, minimum $0.90, recommended for an average check size up to $30;
- Blended — 4.9% of the sale + $0.90, recommended for an average check size more than $30;
- Enterprise — the percentage is negotiated separately, includes a full set of services for setting up and managing an account.
The system provides APIs built according to the RESTful standard and Webhooks for site integration. There is technical documentation for developers, user guides, and code samples. Technical support is available in multiple time zones.
MyCommerce has anti-fraud protection and patented Transaction Defender technology. It consists of various methods and tools for detecting and preventing fraud. The transaction information obtained at checkout is verified by each of them. More than 100,000 stores have already implemented this technology, and transactions come from 190 countries.
Stripe is a payment service that allows you to accept payments from bank cards. Provides wide opportunities for customization. Suitable for accepting subscription payments for SaaS, transferring payments while paying via the marketplace or third-party applications. The system accepts 135 types of currencies.
Stripe allows you to set up automatic recurring payments; in the case of SaaS, this is an auto-renewal subscription. It is convenient for the user that there is no need to keep in mind the need to pay for a specific number. If desired, he can easily disable such a payment.
- 2.9% + $0.30 for the Integrated pricing plan;
- the Customized pricing plan is suitable for companies with a large transaction volume and unique business models; the commission is discussed separately and includes discounts for these companies;
- sellers do not pay for connection and monthly usage of the system;
- in the case of a chargeback to protect the payer’s rights, the system charges $15, which is returned if the retailer successfully disputes the return.
Stripe is suitable for small businesses, as the system has launched support of micropayments. The seller pays a higher interest rate for the transaction. At the same time, the transaction fee is reduced.
The system is known for its simple API and competent support. It is believed that Stripe is a perfect choice for developers. There is an API Reference module with information on all popular programming languages. Meanwhile, the blog describes how to implement new features. There is also a knowledge base with a search for information about subscriptions, chargebacks, fraud, etc.
Unlike many payment systems, Stripe does not support 3-D Secure technology. The one that forces you to enter the special code that you often receive via SMS. If the bank does not accept payments without this technology, then the payment will not work. At the same time, the system meets the PCI-DSS standard that we described above.
Stripe also has Radar, their own fraud prevention toolkit that uses machine learning algorithms. It analyzes all payments, detects patterns there, and assesses the risks for each of them. Radar allows the site owner to see the rules breaking by customers while making an order. The system claims that it reduces fraud by 25%.
This vigilance also has a downside. Stripe can block an account for any reason it considers convincing, likewise, for high-risk industries and companies with many chargebacks.
- There are one or two pricing plans with a fixed commission fee in most systems and one more that provides more opportunities for customization. In the second case, the commission fee is discussed separately.
- Almost all large systems comply with the PCI-DSS international security standard and use 3-D Secure technology. Some of them additionally have their fraud detection tools that use machine learning algorithms.
- Another side of a serious approach to security is that an account can be blocked at any time with the slightest suspicion. Systems may charge a commission fee to minimize the risk of chargeback creation.